If you are creating a website for your SME, this article is of interest to you. We explain what a content management system (CMS) is and how it can help you in the process of creating your website. Take note and don't miss it!
Among the main challenges that companies face when starting out is the creation of a website. In order to simplify this process, CMS or Content Management Systems have emerged. Discover how a CMS simplifies this process and helps you succeed in the digital world.
What is a CMS?
A Content Management System (CMS) is a software that runs in a browser, allowing you to create and manage a website without the need for advanced technical programming skills.
Thanks to a CMS, you can easily create, edit and publish content on your website. Here are some of its advantages.
Advantages of having a CMS
Among the advantages of having a CMS, the following stand out:
- Ease of use: they usually have intuitive interfaces, facilitating the creation and management of online content.
- Time and resource savings: they allow content to be created and updated quickly and efficiently, saving time and resources.
- Flexibility and scalability: they offer a wide variety of templates and plugins to customize and extend the functionality of a website according to business needs.
- User management: they have user management systems that assign roles and permissions to different users, facilitating collaboration in content creation.
- Updates and maintenance: they have regular security updates helping to keep the website secure and up to date. These updates are easy to apply through the CMS administration panel, allowing to keep the website protected against cybersecurity attacks.
Get to know 5 free CMS that you can implement in your SME
- WordPress: is one of the most popular CMS thanks to its numerous design options. It offers a wide variety of themes and plugins (accessories), allowing you to customize and extend the functionality of a website. Also, if you are interested in familiarizing yourself with basic aspects of HTML, this CMS is a good option.
- Drupal: it has wider customization possibilities, in addition to having a lock management system that guarantees reinforced security. It also facilitates the scalability of your website as it is efficient if you have a high user traffic.
- PrestaShop: open source, it allows users to create and manage online stores easily and efficiently. Known for its intuitive user interface and focus on customization and scalability, making it suitable for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Magento: offers a wide range of advanced features, such as product management, order management, payment and shipping options, among others. Especially popular with larger companies due to its ability to handle large volumes of products and transactions.
- Joomla!: especially suitable for websites with more complex and structured content, such as e-commerce websites and news portals.
- Shopify: specializes in e-commerce, ideal for SMEs looking to create an online store. It offers e-commerce specific features such as shopping carts, inventory management, and different payment method options.
In short, choosing the right CMS for your SME will depend on your specific needs, as well as the type of content you want to create.
In addition, thanks to the Kit Digital e-commerce solution, you will be able to create your own online store. The maximum amount of support is 2,000 euros, divided into the following segments:
- 0 < 3 employees: €2,000
- 3 < 9 employees: €2,000
- 10 < 50 employees: €2,000
Don't miss this opportunity! Implement a CMS to improve your SME's website.