According to a report by the Institute of the Future and Dell Technologies, 85% of the jobs available in 2030 have not been invented yet. Digital transformation is unstoppable, and a Digital Project Manager is an essential role for business development. Are you aware of the benefits it would bring to your SME? Find it out in this post!
Currently, companies are still adapting to technological challenges, implementing new strategies to improve their online presence and remain competitive. In this context, the role of the Digital Project Manager is fundamental to lead digital projects and ensure business success in this changing environment.
What is a Digital Project Manager?
A Digital Project Manager (DPM) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising digital projects from conception to completion. The DPM also acts as an intermediary between the internal team of the company and external clients. To carry out successful digital projects, a DPM must have both technical and social skills. This includes having a deep knowledge of the digital world, project management skills, leadership, problem-solving, analysis, and risk management. For example, some of the projects most assigned to a DPM are website development or implementation of a digital marketing strategy. Below are some of the most prominent responsibilities of a DPM.
What are the main functions of a Digital Project Manager?
- Ensure the quality of digital products: supervise quality standards as well as compliance with best practices regarding security, privacy, and accessibility.
- Validate user satisfaction with digital products: verify that the digital product is intuitive, easy to use, and meets user expectations through the collection of their feedback, usability testing, and user interface monitoring.
- Create and monitor project budgets: to ensure proper allocation of resources.
- Identify and manage project risks: establish contingency plans to mitigate risks and minimize negative impacts on the project.
- Prepare regular reports for clients: keep clients informed about project progress and results, including data analysis and recommendations to improve the project.
Advantages of having a Digital Project Manager in your SME
Companies that adapt to new technologies and tools have competitive advantages over those that do not. Hiring a Digital Project Manager can make your SME scale up and stay ahead of the competition in the use of appropriate tools and management of digital projects.
Among the advantages of having a DPM, the following stand out:
- Improves strategic vision: a digital professional trained in all areas of online businesses can provide a global view of projects, making decision-making easier.
- Improves project management: the use of appropriate tools and methodologies in the management of digital projects can maximize team efficiency and productivity. It also reduces costs, time, improves work quality, and increases customer satisfaction.
- Team liberation: the release of administrative and technical tasks allows the team to focus on their core skills, improving the quality and value of work, and consequently, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Business scalability: hiring a digital professional can allow access to new markets, increase profitability, and improve brand image, resulting in greater business success.
If you are thinking of hiring a Digital Project Manager, don't hesitate! It will help you move forward in your digital transformation and improve your SME's competitive position.