The presence of businesses on social networks is becoming increasingly important. If you are an SME or self-employed, don't miss this post where we tell you how to boost your business on social media with the help of the Kit Digital.
From the appearance of the first social networks until today, approximately more than one billion people have become regular users of social networks. Factors such as the effectiveness of social networks as well as their high degree of impact have invited companies to adapt their businesses to the new digital paradigm.
According to the Digital Report 2021 report on social networks and digital trends, a new user registers on a social network every 15 seconds. The number of social network users is now equivalent to more than 53% of the world's population. The same study indicates that each user spends an average of seven hours browsing the internet, three of which are dedicated to these platforms.
With these facts in mind, social media has become an essential part of business marketing strategies. It is not only important to establish a social media strategy, but also to learn how to optimise social media for greater profitability. For example, social media helps SMEs and freelancers to position themselves in the market, as well as to acquire new customers and retain existing ones.
In addition, social networks are arguably the world's largest social Big Data. That is, they have become the main source of information for companies when it comes to predictive analysis of behaviour and social trends.
Now that you are aware of the importance of having a good social media strategy for your business, we show you its main uses and advantages.
What are the main uses of social media?
- Dissemination channels
They serve to give visibility to our products, services and content in general. The dissemination channels chosen will depend on where the target audience we are targeting is located.
- Social selling
This involves using social networks as a means of creating relationships with customers so that they end up purchasing the services offered.
- Attention and direct interaction with customers
Thanks to the immediacy of the networks, it is possible to interact in a much more direct and closer way with customers.
Advantages that social networks bring to a business
The different uses of social networks have different advantages, among which the following stand out:
- Build brand image: with a good use of social media, brand image, reputation and brand authority can be enhanced.
- Community building: You can create communities of followers in order to increase interactions with customers and potential customers.
- Improve search engine positioning: according to a study by CognitiveSEO, there is a direct relationship between the relevance of a brand's social networks and its positioning in search engines.
- Redirect traffic to the website: thanks to the creation of quality content, it is possible to increase traffic to the website. However, there are different ways of linking content on each social network. For example, in more visual tools such as Instagram or TikTok, it is recommended to do it through invitations to visit the profile or temporary stories. On the other hand, on Facebook or Twitter, which are more conventional, you can leave the direct link.
- Increased sales: being on social networks will allow the company to have greater visibility and, therefore, benefit from an increase in sales of its products. Not to mention that it is now possible to sell directly on some social profiles.
Tips for optimising social media management
Finally, here are some tips to help you improve your chances of success on social media:
- Create a plan for each social media channel.
Start by drafting an action plan with your team to have it as a reference. You can define aspects such as: social networks in which you will be present; topics to be covered; publication schedules... among others.
- Use social media management tools
- Measure the impact of your campaigns.
Study the profitability of digital campaigns by analysing user behaviour.
Therefore, a good social media strategy can increase the sales of your business and improve your market position. To this end, the Kit Digital helps you with up to €2000 in financing. Among the features and services in this category, the following stand out:
- Social Media Plan: you will have a social media strategy with the aim of connecting your target audience.
- Social media monitoring: you will be able to see your results and check the impact of your actions.
- Social media audit: by analysing different social channels, you will be able to optimise your performance.
- Management of a social network: you will be provided with a profile on at least one social network.
- Publication of weekly posts: the assigned Digital Agent will publish a minimum of 4-8 posts per month on your social networks.
Give your business a boost with the Kit Digital!