As a result of the evolution of ICTs, webinars have acquired great relevance in recent years. But do you really know what it is and how you can integrate it into your digital marketing strategy? We'll tell you here!
Trends and marketing techniques have been evolving with advances in technology. In the last decade, and especially in recent years, online events have been taking center stage within the marketing strategies of companies.
More and more businesses and professionals are holding webinars to enhance their brand, generate trust and convert potential customers into customers.
For this reason, in this post we will tell you everything you need to know about webinars and how to use them in the content strategy of your SME.
What is a webinar?
The term webinar comes from the combination of the words: web and seminar. It therefore consists of a webinar in video format on a specialized topic that is delivered online. Normally, the first broadcast of a webinar is done live, althoughsometimes this training can be recorded and offered on a deferred basis.
However, direct contact with participants is one of the main features of a webinar, as it is to allow the participation of the audience to ask questions, comments or collaborate with the presenter.
What is a webinar for?
In addition to allowing you to create interactive events regardless of the physical location of the participants, a webinar can help you achieve the following objectives:
- Gain visibility and position yourself as a specialist in your sector.
- Build trust and create a community around your brand.
- Educate your audience about your industry and what you offer them.
- Increase your sales.
- Train employees.
- Generate leads for your business, and then convert them.
- Reach new potential customers who do not know the product or its benefits.
Webinars serve to reach new potential customers who may not know our product or service or who do not know our company.
In this sense, a webinar can be part of a content strategy to offer different, original and impactful content, which allows businesses to interact directly with the user and thus create a community around their brand. It is the ideal format to explain complex concepts about your product / service and identify the needs and problems of your potential customers.
How to make a webinar?
Now that you know the main advantages of including webinars in your content strategy, here's howto make one. Organizing a webinar is not difficult, however, you will have to carry out a series of key actions:
- Define the main theme, the objectives and the target audience.
- Determine the duration of your webinar. A webinar should not be too long, but neither should it be too short. A 45-minute exposure is considered ideal and leave about 15 minutes to interact with the spectators.
- Establish the structure of the webinar. We recommend you go from the general to the specific and do not forget to include at the end of the seminar a call to action where the participant can download additional information, sign up for other webinars or receive a commercial offer.
- Determine whether the webinar will be live or deferred.
- Choose the most appropriate tool to organize it. There are quite a few platforms where you can carry out your webinar such as: Zoom, Google Meet, Webinar Jam, Google Hangouts, Stream Yard and Got Webinar among others.
- Establish a landing page or form where your audience can register.
- Communicate your webinar through the necessary channels to reach your target audience. These can be social networks, newsletters, email, among others.
To improve the impact of your webinars, we recommend developing outlines, videos, presentations and devising practical examples or interesting anecdotes to keep your viewers' attention. In addition, you should remember to encourage viewers to participate, asking questions and solving their doubts in real time.
As you can see, the webinar is a very important element for the content strategy of any business and doing so offers several benefits to enhance the visibility of your brand and reach new potential customers.
Now you know what the basic steps are to organize your first webinar, you can encourage yourself to implement this type of content within your digital marketing strategy. You just have to think about your content, planyour webinar and exploreall its possibilities.