Did you know that the number of e-commerce transactions within Spain has reached 346 million between 2014 and 2021?
Given this context, to be successful marketing your products online, it is necessary to have a solid digital marketing strategy. Don't miss these tips to develop your e-commerce strategy.
In Spain, approximately 24% of total purchases were made over the Internet in 2021, so more and more companies are marketing their services on the web.
This boom in e-commerce makes it difficult to stand out from the competition. To attract your target audience, it is essential to have a solid marketing strategy that will have a direct impact on your business' sales and reputation. Here's how to create your digital marketing strategy.
Tips on how to create a marketing strategy for your e-commerce business
As mentioned above, to attract your target audience and consequently improve your market positioning, it is important to have a solid marketing strategy. Here are the steps to follow to build a solid marketing strategy:
- Analyse your business situation: know your current situation to know where to start with your marketing strategy. The business strategy, the team of professionals, the marketing and advertising actions... among others. In addition, the classic SWOT analysis will help you to detect and remember your strengths and weaknesses as well as the opportunities and threats you face.
- Study the context: it is important to think about the scenario in which you operate and with which audiences you interact. Questions such as the following will help you: Who is your competition; Who is my target audience and how do I reach them?
- Set goals: think about goals that are achievable and measurable, ambitious enough for the team to strive for and be motivated by,
- Choose channels: we distinguish between physical and digital channels. Offline channels are e.g. advertising media, events and street marketing actions. On the other hand, the most common online channels are: social media, newsletters, podcasts and TV, and digital advertising.
- Use tools to improve performance: time is limited and it is important to make the most of it to maximise work time. There are tools that can help you plan your work, for example: Trello and Slack.
- Analyse and measure the impact: it is important to know what you have achieved with respect to the goals you had previously set. For this, there are also tools that provide reporting of actions, for example: Metricool and ONiAd.
In addition to following these steps, you should avoid making a series of common mistakes.
Common mistakes when implementing a marketing strategy
If you want to stand out from your competition, avoid making the following mistakes:
- Your sales proposition does not differentiate you: if you fail to establish what makes you unique from your competitors, all your efforts will be useless.
- You don't have your target audience defined: it is important that you analyse who you want to attract to your business, because your market is not everyone.
- You focus on promoting your business instead of creating a community: your actions should be focused on establishing relationships, creating a community, and showing interest in your customers' needs.
- You set ambiguous goals: in order to analyse the results of your strategy, it is important to set concrete and defined objectives.
- You do not monitor the results: without monitoring, you will not know what has worked and you will not be able to detect failures.
- You don't know what your competitors are doing: you can learn from both their successes and failures.
- You already know the basics to create a marketing strategy around your e-commerce.
To help you in the process, the Kit Digital has different solutions. Thanks to a good digital marketing strategy, you will be able to get closer to your target audience as well as increase brand recognition and market positioning. It's time for you to apply for the Digital Kit voucher and change your strategy.